Individuals or organisations running community upliftment initiatives may apply for sponsorship. There must be a demonstrable positive impact on the socio-economic well-being of beneficiaries. The demographic profile of the beneficiaries must be Black South African citizens of which at least 40% must be female. To protect the interest and reputation of the Trust, applicants need to demonstrate that they have sufficient governance mechanisms in place to ensure accountability for contributions received.
- Eligible candidates are to apply by completing the attached application form and
supplying all supporting documents.
- All applications must be sent to the general manager of the trust (soft or hard copies are acceptable).
- The trust general manager will screen, rank and present the applications to the trustees for approval.
- Awards will be made according to rank until the available funds are depleted.
- The award may be the full amount requested or part thereof.
- Successful and unsuccessful applications will be notified of the outcome of their application by the trust general manager.
- Continued sponsorship is not automatic, candidates must apply for each period of sponsorship.
- Applications will be ranked considering the criteria below. The weighting of each will be determined by the trustees from time to time depending on the areas that require focus at a given time.
- Socio-economic impact
- Location of project
- Impact on Fuchs brand
- Timing of awards
Timing of awards
Applications received before 30 June will be processed and awarded in July. Applications received from 1 July to 31 December will be processed and awarded in January.
- Political parties
- Fundraising agencies
- Overhead or operational costs of organisations